Thank God It's Friday

Who doesn’t wait for a Friday. Like everyone I too wait. No morning alarm, snoozes and no husband’s office. I eagerly wait because it brings reasons of happiness to spend more time with him shopping, enjoying lip smacking food or coffee at our favorite joints.
But nothing of wish and choice happened the following week. Why?
Image result for tgifYou must be thinking again a phone call?
No, no!
It was a sudden unexpected work delivery.
Yaar(politely), how long will this take? I asked. He was tensed because his wife was imagining her weekend getting spoiled. Darling(hesitatingly) an hour or may be an entire day, he replied.
This weekend was an important one for us as we with our friends were throwing a surprise party for a common friend and I especially was excited for it.
Seeing me a bit upset, he cheered me up, don’t worry dear me and my team are trying to wrap up the work as soon as possible. Meanwhile I thought  why not to carry on with the party preparations.
Later seeing his work in full swing, I decided to take a power nap and to be charged for the party. When I got up I saw him holding a tray with a cup of tea and my favorite toasts. I asked, “You had work no, why you did all this”? Good Evening Madam, It got over 2 hours back and I thought to make up for the weekend loss, he replied !
Post tea we finally headed to buy the party stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try Not To Laugh

Winters are here !!

Sindhi New Year