The Play Button

We began to settle in the new city. New place, people and environment is what we were getting used to.

  
Finally, the moment came when we got our Wi-Fi connection at home. Post all the initial settings we quickly sat to press the “Play Button”.

And again, we could not . 

But why we could not, you must be thinking? Like the last time, his phone rang again.  Phone call, again?
Yes, but this one was:
Me: What happened now?
He: Couple of friends coming to see us.
Me: Right now?
He: I am going to pick them up from the airport; till then honey, please prepare some snacks for them. And don’t worry it seems they would not stay for long.
Me: It’s alright sweetheart!

But it was not alright as somewhere deep in my heart, I was guessing a long stay.
On receiving the friends; I noticed them with 2 huge suitcases, which confirmed their stay for a dozen of days.

While talking to the friends also, Game of Thrones was still on my mind. Initially, I thought of asking my husband if he could convince the friends to watch it too.

But alas, they denied as they were tired!

Now finally, only one thing was remaining. So, we waited for them to fall asleep. Since my man was enjoying me see like this he whispered,” The upcoming suspense is unexpected”.

Now hearing this; I knew I would feel sleepless, if I did not watch it.   
Finally, it was the moment as a promise to myself, that I can’t be deprived of the suspense. I quietly prepared popcorn at 1 am.
Then I made sure specially, that his phone is on “Silent Mode”.
Later we quickly looked for an earphone and without disturbing the friends,” we at last pressed the play button”.

But after that day, did we sat together to watch the series again?
No, never!

Till today, I watch it alone because of his obvious phone calls reason.  

Comments

  1. Hahahaha.. nice one... why didn't u put his phone on silent nd keep it with u...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Try Not To Laugh

Winters are here !!

Sindhi New Year